- The church gets in touch with Hope-into-Action who support every stage of the process
- Using the investment capacity of the church, one house is bought in a reasonable area of their community. (A deposit and a mortgage is required, though you can purchase the house outright.)
- The house is used to support 2 people in a vulnerable situation.
- The rent/ housing benefit pays a return on the investment.
- The charity provides: the professional support (referrals, needs assessments, key working, sign-posting, tenancy, benefits etc).
- The church provides: community, non-judgemental relationships, practical support and prayer.
In this way the church, using it’s own resources, is able to holistically support people in their community who are in a vulnerable situation. If a number of churches in one city come together they can have a significant impact on the social issues in their area.
Click here to find out how you can be involved.